Credit evaluations are completed after admitted students have confirmed their intention to enroll. In general, credit is granted for academic courses taken at accredited institutions if they are the equivalent of Rutgers courses and a grade of at least a C has been earned. United States colleges must be accredited by one of the major regional accrediting authorities recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (chea.org) for course work to transfer to Rutgers. They are Middle States (MSCHE), New England (NEASC-CIHE), North Central (NCA-HLC), Southern (SACS), and Western (ACCJW-WASC).
NJ Community College Students
Interested in Applying?
Use the Correct Application
Learn About Credentials Required of Transfer Students
Learn More About the Schools that Accept Transfer Applications and View Any School-Specific Transfer Recommendations
- Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy
- Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
- Mason Gross School of the Arts
- Rutgers Business School-New Brunswick
- School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Environmental and Biological Sciences
- School of Engineering
- School of Management and Labor Relations
- School of Nursing (only admits transfers to the following programs)